SME’s in the Baltic Sea Region – on Top of Europe
In September 2004 the association of the Hanseatic Parliament was founded in St. Petersburg.
It has a non-profit structure and no commercial goal of its own and is financed by public funds.
Members of the association are more than 50 Business organisatiosn like Chambers of Commerce and 20 Universities from 14 countries.
- Strengthening of the economic competitiveness of the Baltic Sea region and development of an intensive cooperation with a high spatial identification
- Support of the medium-sized economy and the skilled crafts, in particular all transnational activities and international cooperation’s
- Research and qualification projects for the benefit of SMEs
- Promotion of the vocational training, excellent education of businessmen and executives of the medium-sized economy in form of dual bachelor studies as well as further training
- Furtherance of the economic and cultural development in the partial regions of the Baltic Sea Region as well as support of the experience exchange and a cooperation orientated on regional strengths.